Flowmaster

From: droopie (droopie@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 17:04:35 EDT

> I got my 3" Flowmaster on this morning. This one's a 3 chamber, so it's got a quiet
> mellow sound to it. I just had the muffler shop put it on behind the stock cat. When
> I get the money, I want to replace the cat and put headers on it. Then I will take it
> back and get 2.25 or 2.5 Y pipe fabricated and a true 3 inch out past the cat.

I was wondering a few things. Mine is a '98 4x4 CC. How's the tranny in these? How
much abuse/power can it take. I'd love to eventually put a blower on it. It also
deserves the slushbox rep. Does anyone make shift kits for the 4x4? Are the shifts
tranny or computer controlled?

One more thing...for you guys with the underdrive pulleys, are there any adverse effects
to cooling or charging? I'm here in Memphis and it's been over 100 the last week.
Will my Dakota bake if I get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic with the pulleys on? Oh,
and about the 180 thermostats...does the computer deal with the cooler temps okay? I
have a K&N filter in the stock box and am going out this afternoon to look at making a
ram air intake for it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Drew

'98 Sport 4X4 CC BLACK 5.2