Re: : Synthetic Motor oil recommendations

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jul 12 1998 - 14:08:48 EDT

Bob -

I have always used synthetics in my new cars .

The cheaper ones are usually made by a bigger one (I used to work for
Pep-Boys and theirs is made by Valvoline) and I use Havoline synthetic now
cuz it's a dollart cheaper(don't ask me why) .

I drive like a bat out of hell , and even after putting about 50k on my '94
Dak 4-cylinder in a year , mostly at about 90mph on the freeway , it ran
like a top . (they say those motors usually only last about 80k) .

I use the Havoline in my R/T ever since break in and have no worries .

At 09:16 AM 7/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I know this is an old subject but could not find the answer in the arcives,
>so here goes.
>-
>

>>I am going to switch to synthetic oil in my Dakota ,98 V8 with 4000 miles
>on
>>it.
>>
>>After looking I found that there are about 10 different brands, from amsoil
>>to syntex.
>>
>>My question is , are they all the same buy the cheapest or are they
>>different and is one better then the others.
>>
>>My dealer put Mopar synthetic in the rear end but would not recommend any
>>brand for the motor.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Bob DeChance
>>Stockton Ca