Re: Raced a new T/A.

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 12:32:05 EDT

<< Patrick,
     See, Im considering one for next Taxmas but I want something to start
 pulling around 2500. 3000 is the beginning of my peak torque&HP. I need it
 sooner, but, Im not sure if I want a lot of boost to get there. >>

It is all in the pulley .... The S-trim is far capable of any of our boost
needs with stock pistons and other components that aren't made for racing..

I can go into detail alittle more on this later if you wish, just let me
know.. I'm kinda busy at this very moment but I can explain this later tonight
... it differs from vehicle to vehicle, tho.

<< Hmmm, Patrick, if your expecting a one second decrease in time that would
be
awesome! Do you have a cam yet? If I get the cam and the sucker, I could be
in the high 12's by that math!! >>

I'm sure I've decreased a second easily the way the truck sits right now.

Remember, Eric, I'm in a Ram that has a wild cam and is still limited to 5200
rpm... I think the stock pulley will put out about 6-7 psi @ 5500 rpm.. which
is where I'm gonna limit my Rs for now. With a stock cam you should be able to
get your light dak into the 12s with a Vortech, tires, and a pulley change (to
get the boost to build alittle earlier) without sweating it too hard.. Not
sure how your manual tranny would hold up to constant dragstrip abuse tho. :-)
I had a buddy with a cammed, mid 14 second 98 that went through his 5 spd in
18,000 miles, careful, and lift that throttle when you shift...

ttyl
patrick