Re: Raced a new T/A.

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 13:15:36 EDT

<< 12's would be awesom!! No hurry on the info, Im not doing the sucker until
 taxmas, but any info would be great. Ive got over 100,000 on my 5 spd and
 only the second clutch. Those miles are probably about 50% drag use!! This
 thing is bulletproof sofar!! Nock on wood.
 Eric

To put it simply, a smaller dia. pulley will do two things (besides the
obvious of putting more wear on your motor ) :-)

a. keep the same boost level, but create it much quicker
b. make the same boost it did before, earlier, and then some more.

It all depends on how the motor is designed to run, what intake, exhaust, cam,
heads, etc you run also... But take in mind, the faster you turn the impeller,
the less efficent the blower will run, meaning more heat, and may require a
intercooler of some sort to cool the incoming intake charge. I'm going to
custom fabricate a water/air "aftercooler" similar to Vortech's design using
either one of their cores or another core of some type. Will keep everyone
posted on the performance of the Vortech....

ttyl
patrick