Re: R/T header availability

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 13:35:37 EDT

>having the wrong exhaust on my truck...Maybe its a collectors item (dust
>collector when I get through...)
>BKB

Don't sweat it , dude .

My dad used to haul cars for GM a few years back and you wouldn't believe
how many times car makers put the wrong stuff on the wrong vehicle .

He told me about one such instance where he was picking up Camaros and
Firechikens in CA and he saw about 300 cars with the hoods up . He asked
the guard at the gate what was going on and the guy told him that they had
mistakenly put the wrong heads on every one of those 300 cars . They were
actually out in the holding lot with the hoods up on them yanking them off
and replacing them . Now , do ya think they told the customers about that ?
Me neither .

Not to say that what happened to you can be justified , hell , for what I
paid for my R/T CC I would be pissed too . But Just so you know that
Chrysler isn't the only one doin' it .

:-)

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab