Daks at C@C/'96 MP JTEC

From: nvogler@neca.com
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 16:39:12 EDT

Hi all -

Long time no speak.. been WAY behind on my reading with the DML. Had to unsubscribe for a
while to to workload lately. Anyway, I've resubscribed, so hopefully I can keep up with
the messages! :-)

Took my Dak to Chryslers@Carlisle this past weekend, and enjoyed it immensely. Perfect
weather, lots of car (and trucks!), a great time was had by all. Ran into "Boog" (at
least I think that was his name) and it was great to meet a fellow DML'er in person!!
Saw quite a few awesome Daks at C@C, and I have some pictures which I'll send to Jon to
put up on the DML site. There was a LOT of trucks there, and some serious competition in
the truck category!! Saw a couple of new Dak R/T's, some nice '91-'96 Dak's, saw Scott
Miller race at South Mountain on Friday night (that Dak is FAST!) and drooled over a '70
Challenger R/T style hood on a '95 Dak. Hood was from AAR Fiberglass from somewhere down
in Florida I believe... not a functional ram-air hood as sold, but could be converted.
I'm interested in hearing more about the ram-air hoods some of you bought and how they
work, but that's for another post maybe.

I also am interested in selling my MP JTEC. I haven't had very good luck with it in my
truck, even with good 94 octane gas and the 180 degree thermostat. My truck pings
viciously under any type of a load either up a hill, hard acceleration, A/C on, etc.
I think it may have something to do with the extra weight of my 4x4, and my 3.21 rear
end ratio (I wish I had at least 3.55s). Anyway, I'm selling it for $225.00 or best
reasonable offer. It's only about a month old, and has only been used for a week out
of that month. E-mail me privately at nvogler@neca.com if interested.

Ciao!!

Ned Vogler
Home E-mail: nvogler@neca.com
Work E-mail: nvogler@rghosp.chime.org
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/Magnecor KV85 wires
Brass Cap & Rotor/Autolite Platinums/Blaster 3 Coil
MSD 6AL Ignition/MPI Super Street TBI w/Power Bridge
Pioneer DEH-65DH/Pioneer TS-A5705/TS-626/SAS Bazooka A82-80
WCNB/HSSB/FCFL/DTW/DMF/TCBSR/WPSM/DDBC/WPS
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/