Ram Air on my '97!!

From: David Thede (tnadoman@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 17:02:33 EDT

Well, I just finished installing my custom Ram Air induction system this
last weekend. I have a large thick aluminum box that is attached to the
base of the throttle body. The K&N FIPK clone is enclosed inside. I have
a 4 inch outlet on the left side of the engine. 4 inch diameter aluminum
dryer vent hose is fed to the front of the truck (behind the grill) to a
5 inch inlet. I ran it from Denver to Goodland KS last night without a
problem. I opened the hood to see how hot the temps were on the box. I
could hold my hand on the box indefinitely without getting it burned.

Anyway, its a real nice looking setup. A little similar to the NASCAR
trucks. I took some pictures and will post them as soon as I can. It
took a day to cut, bend, and shape the aluminum. Its pop riveted
together. It took a while to get the hose to fit around the temp sensor
and ac piping.

Total cost was $40 for the parts. I'll be at TruckFest at Bandimere
Speedway in September and will run it to see how much if any
improvement. I plan to paint it red with a black rams head on it. I've
got the measurements at home and will update with them later.

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
RABT (Ram Air By Thede)
K&N FIPK clone