re:Jet Chip

From: droopie (droopie@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 21:52:51 EDT

I just bought my first Dak 3 months ago and love it! 98 SLT CC 4X4 5.2
in metallic red. I've had Jeeps before but wanted a pickup. Dak was the
natural choice, but it took months to decide. I decided on it before
ever hearing about this DML. You guys here are real Dak freaks and it's
great. I don't drag race nor do I intend to rip out the new exhaust or
do a TB mod right away, but I enjoy reading about all the possibilities!
I've only been reading the DML for a month or so. I have some questions
about some mods I've done. When I first got my Dak, one of the biggest
decisions was 5speed or slush. I went with the slush although all my
other vehicles have been manuals. I'm trying not to regret this
decision. The new Dak was a dog off the line. Within the first 500
miles, I got a K&N in the stock airbox. I didn't know of all the other
possible air intake mods! At 1000 miles I got a JET Chip (Jones
Electronic Technology). The performance is definitely better, but I
don't know by how!
 much. I wanted to know if anyon

e else has experience with this chip. Thanks for everyone's enthusiam on
the DML. I don't see a lot of Daks here and I had one guy in a Dak on
Sat. pass by me waving and honking!

cya all,

Jim

Hi Jim,

So you've got the Jet Chip for a '98 5.2? I have a black Sport 4x4 with
the 5.2
and have been waiting for the Jet Chip to become available. Did you buy
it
from JET?

Drew
droopie@bellsouth.net