Re: Cold air intake

From: droopie (droopie@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 21:57:15 EDT

I modified my stock air box for the cold air tube. I made it with an
aluminum dryer duct and cut a small hole in the rubber mat beside the
radiator to hold it. I also took some screening and covered the end of
it to keep the big chunks out of it. I also got the 3" Flowmaster on
this weekend and I believe the butt dyno can really tell the
difference. It's really hard to tell if it's help the MPG because I
can't keep my foot off the go pedal. But cruising thru town today I put
it on cruise at 55 mph and my trip computer stayed up at 22mpg. It
usually seemed like it would use to stay around 19.

Maybe one Thursday night soon I'll get out to Memphis Motorsports Park
for test and tune and see what it'll run. I better remember to take the
300lbs of manuals and tools out of the back I use for work first.

Drew
droopie@bellsouth.net
'98 Sport CC 4x4 5.2l