Re: FIPK #57-1501

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 23:33:22 EDT

At 10:42 PM 7/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I didnt even need the famous S bolt for my 92 318. I didnt like the idea of
>putting a mylock nut under my TB. What happens when it becomes loose from
>going from hot to cool somany times? Into the intake manifold? Naah I went
>out and bought a longer carriage bolt for 10 cents. One thing that helps is
>to keep the stock air snorkel (tied mine to an A/C line), at least on the
>earlier models. At least im getting cooler air up in front of the thing.
>Plan to get the AAR ram hood next year so at least I have the filter.
>BOOG

  I did that at first too. Just got a longer carridge bolt. (I
made an S-bolt later). Just FYI: The s-bolt doesn't need a bolt
on the bottom. It eliminates the stock air bracket (which blocks a
lot of air) and threads into the hole where the bolt is that holds
in the stock bracket. (That's why it needs to be an S; to line up
with the air can lid.)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |