Re: Re: Racin' at Mason Dixon

From: Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 03:08:11 EDT

At 01:56 AM 7/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Way to go Scott! I was so into what I was trying to do I missed your run.
>Somthing told me that there was a problem somewhere cuase the numbers didnt
>add up. Its a good thing I split with David becuase I tore down the motor
>tonight and the crank is in 5 pieces! it tore #1 2 and 3 mains completely
>out of the block and they were in the oil pan!?!?! I found what I was
>looking for though, a dark shade on one of the cracks behind #1 and 2 rod
>journal where it goes down to the #2 main. The crank had had a crack it it
>for some time and it finally let loose. I was totally impressed with the
>strength of factory Mopar rods!!!!!! all of that destruction and not one
>hole in the pan. Why not? No rods broke! Not 1! One of them is even bent at
>a 90 degree angle! I will be bringing them down to the track this week and
>if you are going to be there you will have to check them out along with the
>piece of crank that was the cuase of the whole episode. Congrat again on the
>big win! Later!
>PS Try to bend a Chebby er Ferd rod like that and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!
>LOL!

Hehe,

I always knew Mopars were strong, but DAMN!! No broken rods!!?!?! If you
have a scanner or a digital camera, you should send a pic of the 90 degree
rod to either me or the whole list. I'd like to see that! Sorry 'bout the
motor, though. Breakage is cruel! :-) I should know!!

Brian

leefam@wcc.net