RE: Re: R/T headers ATTN: Donny

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 08:33:36 EDT

Have you priced getting the "lame factory y pipe" replaced? The
prices I found were 125-150. Best price I found on JBA's for my 97 RC
was 374. 374+150=524 374+125=499 I just got MP headers and y
pipe for 490 - Troy at West Oaks Chrysler even split the shipping with
me - grand total - 498.

IMO it really depends on what access you have to a competent,
reasonable muffler shop to have a y built.

Tate

BTW - I was told that the current MP headers are made by a company
that was started by former Thorley employees. The only reason that
they aren't made by "Doug Thorley Inc." is that there were supply
problems of some type. I've heard nothing but great stuff about
Thorley, MP, and JBA headers.........take your pick!

  Was planning on getting the Doug Thorley kit because it replaces my
lame factory Y-pipe, but those run $500.

  Ron