Re: re: headers

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 23:30:57 EDT

At 10:12 PM 7/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Jon Steiger wrote:
[...]
>>>Has anyone seen or gotten the Summitt headers? I think I will go
with
>them, but get them Jet Hot coated. Any comments?

  What's this Jet Hot coating? Is that like a ceramic coating? Any
idea about what it would cost to get 'em coated?

  If I get the Summit headers, I was planning on coating them with
that "spray paint" type ceramic coating that Summit sells, but that
wouldn't be as good as a real coating of course. Does this Jet Hot
coat the insides too?

                                               -Jon-

 Jon,

I don't think I have Jet Hot's number around here any more, but I talked
to them
about a year ago about coating the headers for my 455 Buick. It was
going to be
over $200, but they base it on size and needed to get my headers to
measure them.
They sandblast and coat the headers and yes it does coat the inside.
They have 4 or 5 colors available, but the most common is the satin
finish. The guy I talked too
said that the coating will lower the temp underhood by at least 30
degrees. He also said that it would 'self heal' most scratches and the
scratches wouldn't rust unless they were HUGE. I'm sure if you get a
Hot Rod or other gearhead mag, they will
have an ad inside.

Drew Schofield
'98 Sport 4x4 5.2