Re: "ticking" question

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 20:12:37 EDT

<< Got a neighbor w/a '94 sport-V6 Magnum,he had his hood up last night
 so I stopped & axed him how the 6pack was running.He has what sounds
 like
 a lifter tick of sorts.Told me he took off his valve cover on the
 driver side & it stopped but put it back on & started again.It sounds
 like its floating almost,it's not in 1 exact spot but it does sound
 like the valves area in general.Does this make sense to anybody/has
 anybody w/a 6'er or even 8 I suppose ever had this???
 tia
 geo.
 '89 Shelby Dakota #288 >>

Possible fuel injector? Get a long screwdriver, put the blade end to each
injector right under the electrical connector, and your best ear to the handle
end of the screwdriver. Make sure and wrap your ear around that handle! Acts
like a stethoscope. Then you can determine where the noise is from. It will
get loud in your ear. If not from injectors, then stick it on valve cover or
cylinder head and everywhere else until you find it. Watch you arent wearing
a sweatshirt with long strings, or if you have long hair, dont let it get in
the fan!!!!!!

Brad

Brad