Re: More of Eric's ramblings!!

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 00:03:35 EDT

At 10:34 PM 7/14/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/14/98 7:58:42 PM Central Daylight Time, Rekker21@aol.com
>writes:
>
><< Theres also a guy named Jason from Beaumont Tx that has a 5spd Dak runnin
> 13.70/98 with just the computer, pulleys, electric fan, short belts and
> homemade headers with the 4.10 gear. you be the judge.
> In HPM there is an awesome article on the R/T. Oh, this Jason dude is in
>here
> too! says his Dak is the first he saw with the V8 5 spd!! I guess he blew
> the trans, the rearend and the drivers side axle! Wonder why? He admits to
> launching at 5000!!!!!!!! In a 5 spd??? No wonder!!
> Hey Tex, hunt this dude down and get him on the DML so we can get the whole
>>>

>I read that at work today, (bought it at the gas station on my way in) and I
>just do not believe that his truck is normally aspirated with those
>numbers!!!!!!!!!!!! (the Dakota) Either he is polishing his numbers for the
>mag, or it is a sucker or bottle feeder.
>George

Probably uses a sucker. Sounds like 5 grand would make a lot o' boost
(6psi+).

Considering my trucks damages, he hasn't broken too much. I would think
that his whole driveline would be dead now. Wonder if he pulls the wheels
off the ground with the 5000 rpm launches. That would be pretty sweet!

Brian