Re: RE: R/T makes a difference...

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 11:50:25 EDT

Jason et al,
The R/T made all the difference in the world as far as pricing. My Dodge
dealer was dealing away on sport Daks and Rams, with big old dodge discounts
low financing and lots of inventory. As soon as I mentioned R/T, They got
real quiet, made excuses and acted apologetic. I became un-interested in
their on hand stock, and they started looking for the R/T. By the time they
found one, (luckilly exactly the one I wanted) they already has a list of
potential buyers with Me at the top (due to my 5K deposit). when the truck
arrived they tried to get me to back out of the deal before we talked price.
Needless to say I bought it (with 7 miles on the ODometer). As I drove it
out I made a quick 20.00 by taking the service manager for a ride (he was #2
on the list) He made me an offer on the truck at that point and I didnt
take it. It made me feel good, and If the dealer "set that up" just to make
me feel good, good for them!! The service manager ordered a 99 R/T.
end of story,
No regrets (the R/T is FUN!!)
Bruce K Bridges