Re: answers to JBA questions

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 17:18:02 EDT

W. Jack Hilton III wrote:

> I asked [JBA] about the possibility of the down pipes for both the regular
> Daks and the R/T and he says that they ARE looking into it . He says that
> what they do is look at how much HP it would ad for what they would have to
> charge for them . So basically , if they only get an additional 5
> horsepower out of them and they have to charge like $150-200 bucks for em ,
> then they probably wouldn't do it .

  Man, that huge dimple in the '94-'96 Y-pipe has GOT to be worth a few ponies,
easily enough to justify $150. We shall see, I guess.

  I'm really tearing my hair out over this deal; I really do want to get rid of
that freaking dent in my '95 Y-pipe, but at this price on decent stainless
headers (even shorties) I'm sorely tempted to get 'em. With the ceramic coating,
to boot.

  I'll let you know Monday one way or the other.

  Thanks again for running interference with JBA,

  Ron