RE: JBA header purchase

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds (jeanninemike@fuse.net)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 18:31:58 EDT

Count me in for the header purchase. Thanks for providing the info about
the headers. I have a couple more questions:

1) My current factory exhaust manifolds have heat shields. I know that
headers put out ALOT more heat than the factory ones. Will this be hard on
plug wires, vacuum hoses, and under-the-hood temps?

2) Will I get hassled by my dealer for installing them? Will the dealer
try to void my warranty? So far, all of the mods that I have made are
invisible (180 t-stat, K&N filter, but this mod won't be. I would HATE
getting the run around by the dealers over this thing!

3) I will be out of town next week (in Texas). I really need to know
Sunday night (before 6:00 p.m.) if possible for the call in time to JBA.
Otherwise, I will need to check the web page from work which isn't looked
upon too kindly.

Thanks for your hard work and information!

P.S. I have noticed no ill effects from my 180 thermostat. It has helped my
pinging problem, but has not eliminated it. Really haven't noticed any
power gains.

Michael Reynolds
'98 Dakota 4X4 CC 5.2L
Flame Red