Re: JBA Header visuals

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 13:57:14 EDT

Regarding what they look like:
The JBA dak headers are 409 stainless. They start out with tubes that are a
brush polished finish. after the bending and welding and handling the
headers have a dark patina on them. Once they are run (they had a few sets
installed and off laying around) they turn dark brown to black. They do not
rust. This is an oxide coating from the stainless constituents. the tubes
are 14-15 guage (stainless tubes are speced out strangely re;Guage). FYi,
409 stainless is a martensitic stainless steel and is composed of: 11.5-13.5
% chromium, .15% carbon max, 1% Mn, 1% Si max, 1-3% Ni, and of course steel.
FYI
BKB