Hello + some questions

From: John Bell (johnb@pswtech.com)
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 11:24:18 EDT

Hey all,

  Just joined the list, thought I'd say heyya and introduce
myself. My name's John Bell - I've been a proud Dakota owner
as of August '97 ('97 Dak SLT CC, 239ci V6, 5spd manual,
3.55 LSD, 4x2). Just want to say, looks like a great group
of folks y'all have here in the list. I've learned more
in two days about my Dak then I've known since last
August :-).

  My Dak story: bought my second love off the lot as
I mentioned (driftwood, charcoal gray interior, just
couldn't resist that combo). Got a _great_ deal on
it; the dealer, for some reason, couldn't move the
truck to save his life. I bought it in Bloomington IN,
at Town & Country Dodge; evidently people in Bloomington
don't like to stir their own gears - I say, they don't know
what they're missing. After the purchase, proceeded to
break 'er in by moving to Austin TX :-). 1000+ miles of
70mph driving, the Dak lapped it up like cold beer.
Finished the trip in two days; it's the most comfortable
ride I have _ever_ had in a vehicle (I'm 6'2 and 270lb. it
takes a lot to make me comfortable in a vehicle). The wife
was a little wary of getting the truck, after that trip she
brags about it constantly :-).

  Anyway, I've got 11,300 miles of 50/50 city/highway driving
on the beast now, and have made a few observations:

- this engine likes cold air. I mean, _really_ likes it.
  Hot weather has been a pain. I'm thinking an FABM setup
  can fix that problem (that, and a 180F thermostat)

- the A/C on this truck *rocks*, I have yet to get warm
  sitting in traffic in Austin

- the interior is surprisingly quiet for a truck

Thinking about some other mods (cat back, new computer).
Any suggestions on the cat-back/muffler for the V6? I see
that Mr. FABM swears by DynoMax... any others?

Ah well, back to work... hello again, and keep up the
good work with the group!

Have fun,

--
     John Bell   johnb@pswtech.com    http://www.pswtech.com
"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."