JBA warranty concerns

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 10:59:19 EDT

>BOOG -
>
>When I talked to jeff at JBA yesterday , he was very forthcoming about the
specifics about the "truck" versus "car" warranty .

>I asked him about why that was and he said that it is merely a company
policy that I would guess is designed to keep the company from going broke
because some guy with a fleet of f-150s has run them 3 billion miles and
then wants to have about thirty sets of headers replaced under warranty .

>Since it would be hard to draw up a warranty that laid out things like
".....and if you do this with your truck , it's lifetime , but if you do
this , it isn't...." it makes more sense for a company of this size to
have more of a blanket statement .

>Interestingly though , when I asked Jeff about the coating , he says
"......yeah , the coating would be best for any of your members that are
either running a supercharger , or Nitrous Oxide......" .

>I kinda paused because it states very specifically in the warranty info
that if you do either of these things , that it will automatically void the
entire warranty .

>Jeff told me that in all honesty , that statement is made so that people
aren't encouraged to trash parts such as headers and then keep getting them
for free . Just as I suspected earlier , he tells me "......well , unless
it's very apparent on what caused a failure , and if it was because of the
Nitrous or the pressure from a SC we can tell , then how are we gonna know
what you have on your truck ? " . He says unless you run Nitrous every time
you step on the gas , or you have the pressure on the SC to a silly level ,
then you don't have anything to worry about . He says that in hte two or
three years he's worked there, that he has never seen a warranty claim
rejected , and more importantly , he hasn't seen one pair of stainless
headers come back due to a failure .