Re: Tool Boxes

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 21:13:51 EDT

I have one from my '94 Dak that I traded that is diamond-plate aluminum
that I need to get rid of . If you like I can send a few picks this weekend
. I only used it from last Thanksgiving till about two months ago . It is
the kind that is more like a chest that sits flat on the bottom of the bed
directly behind the front bed wall . It has to be drilled into the bed with
small sheet metal screws , but it only takes about 4 of them and it takes
about less than a minute to remove/install with an electric screwdriver . I
still have the box it came in for shipping and a good price , too .

It will hold a couple suitcases , I will send some dimensions if you like
as well .

PEACE

At 08:55 PM 7/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Folks,
>
> I'd like to take my DAK on vacation later this summer (Wisconsin and
>Minnesota), but I need a place to stick luggage. We do a lot of day hiking
>and such, so I don't want to leave stuff out in the open in the cab.
>
>1. What kind of tool boxes are secure enough for this?
>2. How do these things attach to the truck?
>3. Can they be removed reasonably easily (I probably won't use it except a
>couple times a year).
>4. What's a reasonable price?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Regards,