Re: Trade-in vs. Private selling

From: Dennis D. Baker, Jr (dbaker@deltech.net)
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 00:32:36 EDT

What really sux is that if you had posted this a week ago I would have
bought it... ;( I just traded my "loaded" 97 4x v6 in for a 98
"comperable" V8... Had to upgrade to the 8! I only got 15K trade for my
97, but at least they came off the 98 a bit. Got it for 24300.00 I'll
just make up the difference in bird dog fees.. :)....

Anyway... Sell it out right if you can... I would say.. See if you can get
19K for it.. For being a 97 you should get it and you wouldn't have to feel
to bad about it. Used they are going for around 18K in Houston.

I'm staying away from the R/Ts you can bore and stroke a 318, not a good
idea on a 360.

At 12:07 AM 7/17/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Hello, I have a question for all of you, I am thinking of getting a '99
R/T and have a '97 Dakota, it's 4x4 V-8 cc Sport+ w/ all the options. I
used the Kelly Blue book to find its value and it came up to 23,970. Then
the trade-in value came to only 18,875. Thats a big difference. I don't
know if I should sell it or trade it, I only owe 3,000. I think it would be
hard to sell at the right time becouse I have to order the R/T and it takes
8 weeks. I would have nothing to drive. What should I do?