Re: New Guy With A Question

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 09:06:29 EDT

At 08:10 AM 7/17/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>Thats the old fan clutch engaging and making all that racket! Welcome to the
>list :-)
>
>Gene

Yeah , I noticed the same inmy R/T .

With as hot as it is here (about 96-100 for the past few weeks) I have
noticed that after siiting in the parking lot all day , when I get in to
start the thing , the fan clutch is totally engaged and roaring away .

I'm guessing that the ambient temp. outside is surrounding the clutch
itself and when it gets to a high enough temp , the clutch will engage when
the engine isn't running . After I start it up and run it about 50 feet , I
can hear it disengage , until the engine actually gets hot enough on it's
own to re-engage it again .

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html