headers...dragstrip

From: rll (charger69rt@inficad.com)
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 14:45:59 EDT

Hi list

The JBA coated headers have been ordered.

My stone stock 1992LE cc V8 with a Leer shell,turns a 16.4/83
at the strip. Phoenix is about 1500' above seal level.

Tempuratures are in the 100's even after sunset.

I'll keep the list informed on how these headers work.

I have built several exhaust systems from the header back by
cutting and welding U-bends. I am looking forward to a bolt-on
situation.

I also plan to replace the Y-pipe.

Has anyone looked to see if any of the large exhaust pieces
from the diesel could be used on the Dakotas ?

all for now

rob