Dragstrip oddities... WAS: Dragstrip result, R/T

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 02:09:16 EDT

Jon Steiger wrote:
> Sure; if its got an engine, race it! :-) There's usually at least 3
> or 4 snowmobiles up at NYIRP.
> Pretty funny to see
> a camper staged against a 9 second Camaro SS. :-)

Amazing what you see at dragstips huh? Someone should have taken a
picture of the camper and camaro at the tree ...Snowmobiles???, what
are those? Oh, that must be a northern thing, remember I'm from south
Texas, don't get much white stuff... But just tonight I got to see a 10
second Yugo at Houston Raceway Park. It's not everyday you see a
modified corvette running 12's get dusted by a YUGO! (even if it was
HEAVILY modified)... Gene was also there doing pretty good with his
Dakota but I left before he finished up. How did you do Gene? BTW good
to finally meet you and put a face to the name on the emails.

--
---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt