Re: MP y-pipe install question

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 12:50:19 EDT

<< The instructions for the installation of my MP headers and y don't
 mention anything about a clamp or sealer or anything where the two y
 pipe parts join under the tranny. Do you just literally put one in
 the other and it seals? MP tech line is closed on Saturday.

 Thanks,

 Tate >>

Possible. My experience with racing VW's (both desert and drag racing) has
shown me that all most all aftermarket exhaust suppliers build there exhaust
for VW's that just slip together. They seal with carbon build up. Now, I
think that some kind of sealer would be a good idea. As the exhaust flows, if
there is a big enough gap inbetween the pipes, the exhaust may creat a vacuum,
which will suck oxygen in, and the O2 sensor will think the truck is running
lean.

Brad