Re: loud roar

From: corky (corky@lankaster.com)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 15:35:08 EDT

Lyle Hartman wrote:

> My 92 dakota, magnum engine, has a loud roaring noise in first and
> second gears when the air conditioner is on. The problem persists
> through several shifts.
>
> The dealer has replaced the fan clutch twice and has put a 9 blade fan
> on but the proglem still persists.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> I would really appreaciate some suggestions, (other than dump the
> truck).
>
> Lyle Hartman

Had the same problem with my 92 and had 4 cluthes put in. They finaly
put in a "engineering protyotype"????????? Was quieter but still makes a
terrible noise and it's like throwing out an anchor when it engages.
Have been reading the "Electric Fan" threads and would like to go to
that but haven's made a move yet.Filed a complaint with CC. Arbitration
board said yes, it's noisy, but it meets design specs. No allowance for
a lousy degign!!!!!!! Corky