Tip for bracket racers

From: Mike Miller (slepyhed@netway.com)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 22:17:40 EDT

I forgot to put this in my post about my last trip to the strip. I'm
hanging out in the staging lanes and this dude walks over and we start
talking. Turns out that he has this Jeep Cherokee (with OBD-2) that he
sometimes uses for bracket racing. He sez to me that when he's bracket
racing, he unplugs the battery right before every race to reset the
computer to its default values. The truck is definitely slower, but its
much more consistant. Makes sense to me. I just thought I'd pass that on to
everyone, in case someone here ever got involved in a bracket race.

-Mike Miller