Re: Re: Dakota R/T

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 02:38:11 EDT

>Not to pick any fights or anything, but a healthy Mustang GT could probably
>give you a good run for your money too. Maybe I'm biased because I have a
>Mustang, but don't get me wrong, I love Dakotas. My Dak just wasn't what I
>needed at the time. However, if it had been an R/T, I would still have it.
> Hell, the R/T can pull higher G's on the skidpad than my car and can run
>within half a second of it 0-60. So, what's the best quarter mile time
>anyone has run with a stock R/T. I ran a 15.05 @ 91.46 (corrected to 14.8
>@ 92.5) in my '97 GT with K&N and short-throw shifter. Oh yeah, no flames
>please for the Mustang bit. Just a little friendly jest.
>
>Happy motoring,
>Andy Callahan

Hot Rod tested a Dak R/T RC and got a 14.85 @ 91 out of it. Damn good for
a truck, or a sports car! Mustwang Cobra's are in a totally different
territory tryin' to fight Shamaros and Firechickens. Just 'cause a 250 hp
truck doesn't beat a 300+ horse car (that weighs less), don't be
disappointed. Dakotas are easy to upgrade, cheaper to upgrade(when we buy
in groups ;-) ), cost less(execpt at some of those punk-ass dealerships),
and have more capability than a car. What else can tow a sh*tload of stuff
and then run 14's??

Besides, I only have to own one vehicle - not only does it go fast, but it
also hauls stuff.

Brian