Re: Re: Dakota R/T

From: Andy Callahan (quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 00:12:55 EDT

>around, all those "rice-boys" (those guys with the Hondas that are all
>lowered with the coffee can exhaust tips and the crooked HONDA stickers)
>run for cover. But, the stock truck is no match for a good Mustang Cobra.
>There's a modification laying around there some where that will wake this
>truck up, but I don't know what it is yet.
>
>My advice: Buy one!
>
>-Mike Miller, 98 RC R/T

Not to pick any fights or anything, but a healthy Mustang GT could probably
give you a good run for your money too. Maybe I'm biased because I have a
Mustang, but don't get me wrong, I love Dakotas. My Dak just wasn't what I
needed at the time. However, if it had been an R/T, I would still have it.
 Hell, the R/T can pull higher G's on the skidpad than my car and can run
within half a second of it 0-60. So, what's the best quarter mile time
anyone has run with a stock R/T. I ran a 15.05 @ 91.46 (corrected to 14.8
@ 92.5) in my '97 GT with K&N and short-throw shifter. Oh yeah, no flames
please for the Mustang bit. Just a little friendly jest.

Happy motoring,
Andy Callahan