Re: Re: Engine died ?

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 10:55:23 EDT

> what you're experiencing is probably --vapor lock which wants to boil the
> cheap properties in the gas. Try a higher octane fuel in the summer months.

  Funny thing about that is that the ethers and alcohols usually used in higher
concentrations in premium fuels are more volatile than some of the other
hydrocarbons. And unfortunately proved this empirically (not with the Dak).

  The original poster's problem could well have been vapor lock, but I've
always had to wait more than a couple of minutes before my vapor locks have
gone away.

  Ron