Frustrated! - was MP y-pipe install question

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 10:59:18 EDT

No clamp supplied and I looked at Mike Clarks pictures and he sent -
no clamp used. DOESN'T MATTER SINCE I'M SENDING THE SOB'S BACK
ANYWAY!

Before we get started - hell yes, I've installed headers before. I
know all about grinding bolts and pushing and pulling until you think
you're gonna snap the damned bolts that you already have started in
order to get that/those last "problem bolts" in. I know about trying
numerous different orders of bolt installation - I know about "wiggle,
wiggle, wiggle" like I said - I've put headers on a few cars before.

I'm here to tell you that the passenger rear port's holes were not
drilled in the proper location. I finally got the front four in, and
had to get under the truck and push the living sh!t out of the header
up to get the last bolt in. The next to the last bolt was a "no
f*#king" way situation. The flange hole was about 3/32 too far
forward. I had just finished filing the crap out of two of the bolt
flanges (had 4 in on the driver's side) and NO, I wasn't going to
drill bigger holes in my new $500 Chrysler header flanges to get them
to fit. Back on went the manifolds (btw, these manifolds looked very
nice on the inside as far as manifolds are concerned) and off we went
to the muffler shop to get the y rewelded to the cat inlet. I will
keep the group updated. I'm telling you that Lee Iacoca couldn't have
installed these bastards without drilling and grinding if he had the
thing on an engine stand in the Wayne County Team Shop!!!!!

Frustrated, but it's really no big deal - I have lots to be thankful
for. Thanks for letting me vent.

Tate