Dak OE tires WAS Re: PPLLEEAASSEE RREEAADD

From: John Bell (johnb@pswtech.com)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 15:43:13 EDT

Tony Mastres wrote:

> >Dear Dodge Owners,
> > July 17 1998
> >Hello, My name's Judith Rodriguez, and I own a early model 1997 Dodge
> >Dakota 3.9L Sport truck. I have been experiencing numerous problems with
> >this truck, many of which have not been solved. Some of my problems are
> >excessive tire wear,

[snip]

> Hi Judith, I have very similar vehicle to yours. I have a 97 Dakota sport
> 3.9L 4X4. Although I have not experienced any power steering problems or
> pinging I did have excessive tire wear and am forced to rotate the tires
> every 5oook mikes just to keep it at bay. I know this doesnt help much but
> I hope you get your problems solved.

I have this problem, too... front tires start to look like I have
too much toe-in after about 6000 miles or so. Frequent rotation
is the only thing that seems to work :-(. As soon as I get my
act together, I'm getting rid of the POS Goodyear Invictas and
buying a real set of tires (probably will go with B.F. Goodrich
220/70R15 front/rear, haven't decided what type yet).

I plan on giving Goodyear an earfull... near as I can tell, the
Dak is not at fault (alignment is good, rims are good, etc.), just
that OE tires for SLT are crap :-(. I seem to remember someone
mentioning that Dodge actually has a letter for owners which
state this fact, at which point owners can use it to club
Goodyear over the head with. Haven't called a dealer to confirm
this yet... can anyone on the list confirm?

Everything else on the Dak is fine ('97 purchased in August '97).

Have fun,

--
     John Bell   johnb@pswtech.com    http://www.pswtech.com
"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."