Re: Results, Thanks, now Paint

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 16:35:36 EDT

At 11:47 AM 7/20/98 , you wrote:

>i ahev noticed that the paint on the dakotas is very thin.
>i got scratches from the littlest things.
>all the scratches seem to go right to the primer.
>i hate it.
>i got a 97 and it looks like i have had it for years.
>i wish that they would put a better paint job on it.

I think it would be informative if everyone would specify what color paint
they are having problems with. My 97 is Dallas Cowboys Silver (OK light
driftwood) and I am experiencing none of the problems others have reported.
It seems as though these problems (at least the bulk of them) are only
happening to the darker colors. Perhaps this info would give others more
ammo to use when dealing with their dealers/CC.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed