Re: Two questions: New paint and bed dimensions

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 16:29:47 EDT

At 10:25 AM 7/20/98 , you wrote:

>Also, could someone with a '97+ shortbed please measure the distance between
>the inside of the
>wheel wheels (the narrowest part of the bed floor).

Mike measures 44 3/4 inches. That's with a spray in liner. (45 inches
without?)

>One more note: I stopped by a Line-X shop Saturday and was impressed by the
>product. One
>interesting demonstration involved pieces of the Line-X and Rhino bed lining
>product. If youy rubbed the two together the Rhino would crumble and erode,
>while the Line-X wasn't touched. I'll be lining my bed
>with Line-X

I have heard many people say good things about Line-X, but you should still
never completely trust someone who is trying to get some of your money!! I
have a Rhino Liner and there is no way you could rub *anything* on it and
make it crumble and erode. Tear,maybe, but not crumble and erode. And *any*
spray in liner will tear. If you like the Line-X, go for it. But I wonder
if that is a standard demo at all Line-X dealers or just this one. Here's
an interesting experiment. Go to your friendly Rhino Liner dealer and get
a small sample of the Rhino Liner from him. Then, take it back to the
Line-X guy and ask him to repeat the demo using *your* sample. Better yet,
ask him if you can rub your sample on a truck bed that he has sprayed.
Ought to make for an entertaining afternoon watching him squirm and stammer
and try to come up with excuses. :)

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed