RE: 99 Dakota R/T

From: Seth Bradley (seth.j.bradley@intel.com)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 11:41:35 EDT

> Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:10:07 -0500
> From: Tim May <cutem@enteract.com>
> Subject: DML: 99 Dakota R/T
>
> List members,
>
> I just finished reading an article in Issue #5 of PowerWagon and Sport Utes,
I've never seen this magazine, but would like to. Where can you get it, and is
it
still on the stands?

> published by Chrysler Magazine and they said that the 99 Dakota R/T will
> have a new V-8 engine. Supposed to be more fuel efficient and more powerful.
>
> So is 1998 the last year for the 5.9 Magnums?
My '99 Vehicle Order sheet from June 4 shows the same EML 5.9L engine code and
ASU R/T package codes as were used in '98. This would indicate the 5.9L's
continued
use very likely. However, when calling 1-800-4ADODGE (thanks to whoever
mentioned
the '98 R/T brochure, I ordered one) they had _no_ information on the '99. They
didn't
even know they were orderable, and my dealer has known this for well over a
month.
Pricing also hasn't been released for '99 (I don't know yet what my truck will
cost).
I'd guess that its possible that for early orders they used the '98 codes and
specs, but
will actually install a different engine. I won't know for sure until I take
delivery :-). Its also
possible that they'll make a mid-year engine change.

Seth