Re: WANTING TO KNOW ABOUT SUPERCHARGERS AND NEW CHIPS

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 03:59:31 EDT

Good call Jon! I wouldn't think any kind of forced induction would help a
Supercharger, as it is permanently set to deliver a predetermined amount
of boost, regardless of the amount of intake. The cooler air would help
tremendously, though... just my 0.02.. (I want my change... =).........

-mike d.

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox, mild mods
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"Illiterate? Write for a free brochure..." =)

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 02:02:27 -0400 Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
writes:
>At 05:13 PM 7/20/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>i would like any info on the superchargers.
>>i am wanting to put ram air on and also and a supercharger.
>>if you think that this is a bad idea let me know.
>>if you are running that then please let me know how it works...
>>

> I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't think it would be possible
>to have both ram-air and a supercharger. Doesn't a supercharger
>replace
>the air intake completely? I suppose you could have a "ram air" to
>the intake of the supercharger, but I don't think a ram-air effect it
>would
>change the boost level at all. (Though the cold air might help; with
>supercharger, you need all the cold air you can get!) :-)
>

> -Jon-

> | Affiliations: DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA. RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |
> `----------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]