Re: Farewell to a loyal friend

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 22:14:55 EDT

Jason & Norah wrote:
> Isn't it funny how attached we are to a machine? We knew that trading it in
> would be somewhat sad, but not too bad because it would be going to a good
> home. Knowing that it's just going to a junkyard, I feel like I've lost a
> friend.

I (and probably most others on the list) can understand Jason, I'd feel
the same if it were mine. I've always felt that connection between man
and machine with mine. And since the trucks brought you two together it
only makes it more vivid. I feel for you and Norah, but hey, the
important thing is she is ok, don't loose site of that.

Hey if you still have access to it, maybe you could take something to
remember it by, ya know an emblem or the rear view mirror or
something... Kinda like how Jim Lovell took the eyepiece out of the LEM
on Appolo 13...

But at any rate, Norah if you are reading this - if not Jason let her
know -, I and the list wish you a quick recovery and we're all glad you
are still around to chat with us.

Best of luck to both of you.

--
---Mike, near Houston.---