Re: J.E.T. computer enhancement

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 22:29:07 EDT

A few things to consider:
1) This test was initially done on a cat V12 probably diesel. These things
run at RPMs that we couldnt reach. Thus, they suck in a helluva lot more air.
2) What was in front of this truck? Ans: another big ass dumpster kickin up
alot of dust from its high revvin V12 (not to mention exhaust).
3) Was the oil in this V12 fresh, did they change it when they put the filter
on? Not to mention what might still be in the engine (intake valleys) after a
fresh oil change.
4) What kind of oil did they have in this thing? I use full synthetic that
after 5k it comes out golden brown.
Even if this guy used the same on his own vehicle, who knows, he could of ran
a stock filter the whole time and with this dusty environment, if that was
indeed a cause, he still may have only gotten 85k out of that chevie. THere
are too many adverse variables here to make a good conclusion, plus they did
not use a control in this "experiment". Think about it. Like Jon said, a
dirty filter theoretically would trap more particulates.
BOOG