Re: Stuff

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 00:29:11 EDT

droopie wrote:

> Gary Ludwick pointed out to me that I reposted the DML in one of my
> messages.
> WHOOPS! That's what happens when you drive 1500 miles in for the
> weekend and then want to get in to read about what's going on in Dak
> land.
>
> Anyway, we went from Memphis to Flint Mi, Thursday night. Left at 6pm
> arrived at 6am. Running premium fuel I got 14.9 mpg running between
> 70-80 all the way on cruise. Now, I've got the 3 chamber Flowmaster and
> a K&N filter in the stock box. I made a cold air tube for the box and
> it seemed to have helped the mileage about 1 mpg....definately helped
> the power. I took all my work stuff out and when we got there and got
> the goodies out of the back, I could stomp it from a dead stop and turn
> the tires. So, if you want to hook your 4x4 up, place about 300 lbs of
> manuals, tools, extension cords, etc right back at the tailgate!
>
> My wedding is August 8, so it will be a while now before I make any more
> mods. BUT, I know what they will be: JET Stage 2 Computer and throttle
> body mods.
> I'll also do some cheapies out of my lunch money like put a 180
> thermostat in it.
> Also, if the 46E tranny in the 4x4 is comp controlled, is there a
> separate module that controls the shifts, is it in the Engine computer,
> or can it only be modified with a shift kit?
> This is my second Dak, but my first time modding a Mopar. If you want
> I could shoehorn a 455 Buick in it, inject some alcohol in it, or put a
> Powerglide or TH400 in it, I would be more knowledgeable. So bear with
> my questions.
> Also, how do you get the dash bezel off to replace the stereo, I
> haven't even tried it yet, but when I do, I don't want to break any of
> the clips.
> Ttoday at the gas station I noticed the starter had just a slight amount
> of oil on it. Where's a likely place to look for the leak? Valvecover?
>
> And, I wish I could have asked this back when I had my '94 V6. How in
> the hell can you change the filter without oiling down everything in
> sight under the truck? I tucked half a roll of towels around it last
> time and that still didn't help. I use 1 can of Brakeclean every time I
> change the oil. What's up wit dat?
>
> --
> Drew Schofield
> 1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black

Well Drew, if yours is laid out like my parents Durango is (probably
pretty close if not identical) I don't know what to tell you. I will
tell you what I do is after I get it changed I spray down the oily areas
with Simple Green, let it soak for a minute or so then spray it down
with the water hose. Does a great job, the stuff isn't harsh like some
degreasers are and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg... and you can use
it for a ton of other things too...

--
---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt