Got the No-Dak Blues!

From: Chris Hindy (chindy@idirect.com)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 00:27:25 EDT

Hi All,

This isn't really a question, it's a plea for my bretheren to shoulder some
of my pain. I asked my wife to drop me off at work on Sunday night (I work
at MuchMusic, Canada's MTV, and we were having a big street party and there
was nowhere to park for less than $12.) When I came home the next morning,
I had to drop some tools off in the garage. As I walked in, I noticed
something distincly different about my Dak . . . The impression of a 12"
concrete utility pole in the front right of the hood.

This, of course, stopped me in my tracks and turned me into a babbling
lunatic, since I only picked the truck up from the dealer six weeks ago and
from the body shop two weeks ago after she drove into a van sitting in her
lane with no taillights.

After calming down, I went in to ask what happened. She was driving back
from my shop down an industrial road. There was light rain, so she was
taking it easy. She was following a fine, upstanding fellow of asian
descent in a red Mazda. Said fine fellow all of a sudden braked suddenly
and made a left turn. My wife didn't have enought time to stop. She
panicked (second accident in two months, right?) and jumped on the brakes,
then tried to avoid the fellow. Of course, the front brakes were locked up
so turning the wheel was not her best choice. When she realized that her
front brakes were locked, she let up and all of a sudden the Dak jumped
hard right (imagine!) whereupon she mounted the curb and ran headlong into
a utillity pole at between 40 and 60 km/h.

Yes, she's fine. Just a little shaken up. The Dak, on the other hand is
not so fine . . .

So it's now back in the shop for ANOTHER new hood, and ANOTHER new right
side fender, and ANOTHER new grille, and ANOTHER new bumper, bumper skin
and bumper fascia, and ANOTHER new set of fog lamps.

She refuses to go near the truck now, and is starting to think that maybe
we'd better deep-six this thing, post haste. One accident, she can write
off as chance. Two: that's fate yelling out.

Just had to vent . . . sorry for wawsting bandwidth.

cheers
-ch