Re: Farewell to a loyal friend

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 08:53:04 EDT

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm recovering physically from this
horrible nightmare, but I think emotionally may take a little longer.

I only have a rental car (Nissan Maxima) which I have to return today. This
really sucks. I hate the car along with driving it, but it did get me back
and forth to physio. The steering is pushed too much -- I'm sure if I
sneeze while my hands are on the wheel, I'll end up in the next lane. The
gas pedal is too sensitive, the brakes are too soft and I also feel like my
butt is scrapping the ground. I don't know how people drive these little
cars -- I want my truck!!! :(

If only the insurance company and Chrysler Credit can get their sh*t
together, I can get my new truck. Our dealer found a '98 V8 4x4 Sport plus
package in black -- the color that I want in Waterloo, Ontario (about 2
hours away) but needs to have it transported to Toronto. I should have it
by the end of the week, but whether or not I can take possession of it will
depend on the powers that be.

>I (and probably most others on the list) can understand Jason, I'd feel
>the same if it were mine. I've always felt that connection between man
>and machine with mine. And since the trucks brought you two together it
>only makes it more vivid. I feel for you and Norah, but hey, the
>important thing is she is ok, don't loose site of that.

The connection between us was bizzare. I know that most of you will
probably think I'm nuts, but mine really knew me. Most people refer to
machines as "she" or "her", but I know mine was a "he". He took great care
of me, never let me down, and was loyal to the end. My previous Dak (a '93)
was definitely female. She hated me, and showed it. It broke down
constantly. You know that women don't get along that well together -- too
much competition and jealousy ;)

But seriously, I really did love my truck. I took the great care of him and
gave him the best of everything. After only 3 years the mileage was only at
34,000 kilometers. Sorry but I don't know what that is in miles, but the
appraisers had valued it at $15,245. I only had two more payments of
$516.40 and the buyout was $9405.90. I'm not sure what's going to happen to
the $4806.30 in equity. I guess I'll find out in the next few days.

>Hey if you still have access to it, maybe you could take something to
>remember it by, ya know an emblem or the rear view mirror or
>something... Kinda like how Jim Lovell took the eyepiece out of the LEM
>on Appolo 13...

I know it's still at the dealership, but I haven't seen where they're
keeping it. When we saw it last, I took the jack out of it and gave it to
Jason as he doesn't have one in his truck along with the lighter. Now parts
of my Dak reside in his Dak. I'd like to go back and get a couple of
pictures and post them, but I don't know if it will still be there when we

>But at any rate, Norah if you are reading this - if not Jason let her
>know -, I and the list wish you a quick recovery and we're all glad you
>are still around to chat with us.
>
>Best of luck to both of you.

Thanks Mike and the rest of the list. I really appreciate it. It's nice to
know that there are others out there that feel the same way about their Daks
as we do. Now if I could just get rid of this damned headache, backache and
neckache.

Bye for now,
Norah