Re: Farewell to a loyal friend

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 09:39:30 EDT

Glad to see you are doing well. These trucks retain great value dont they. I
totaled my 87 4x4 V6 by hitting a rock outcrop while missing deer in the road.
The rock hit right under the steering gear box and crushed the front
crossmember of the frame. I landed on the pass. side of the truck. When I hit
I went up an forward crusing the steering wheel and putting a star in the
windshield. And I was wearing my seatbelt.
Anyway, Some guys driving by stopped and we turned the truck upright. She
started right up and I drove it home. My insurance company totalled it, but
even with 11 years and 151K miles on it the salvage value was 4000.00. Now I
have a 92 V8 4x4. I really know how you feel. Once you get the new Dak,
things will get better. :)