RE: J.E.T. computer enhancement

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 10:48:21 EDT

If someone can prove to me that you can get the performance increase
from the Jet that you can get from the MP chip, I would actually
prefer the Jet. I don't think I'll ever build my motor up where I'll
need to rev it beyond 5500 rpm. I plan on redoing the valvetrain
(stock valves, lifters and locks - replace everything else) to make it
high rpm "safe" and put in a cam sometime down the road, but like I
said, I don't think I'll need to go over 5500. Especially with a
manual tranny, I like the rev limiter . FYI - whatever cam I get, it
will not be an unmanageable race monster, but when I go down the
street, I'll enjoy a definite and pronounced "lope" - like I said,
down the road sometime....

Anyone hear of tests between the MP and Jet chips on 96 models?

All comments welcome.

Tate

97 5.2 RC 5spd 3.21