Re: JBA headers

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 12:57:39 EDT

DML+Jack,
Yes, ive got clamped on downpipes... The inlets to the cat are two integral
pipes about 10 inches in length. It looks surpsrisingly like a custom
system and not factory. Saw all the parts and other than the downpipes
which have nasty little crimps the rest looks pretty flowable. The R/T has
3 O2 sensors, one in each head pipe and one at the cat. R/T computers must
have a special way to look at these things and probably arent the same as
the normal Dak comp IMO. Sure wish dodge would tell us exactly what they
did to make and R/T.
 My R/Ts performance doesnt seem as consistent as the HPM article states
(15.1 ET no matter who drove or what they did...) in that sometimes I feel
like Im driving my 440 with big power and torque, other times under similar
throttle conditions it seems more like my 273 V8 barracuda. Like the
keebler elves are actually controlling the throttle and not me. Its never
obnoxious, but I like the 440 feel a lot more than the 273. Its my first
fuel injected vehicle, so Im sure Im not used to "not being in full control"
feeling yet...
Bruce