Re: Noisy Springs?

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 13:13:18 EDT

CHRIS HINDY-OPS wrote:

> Hi All . . .
>
> My wife was out in my 98 Dak and when she came back she asked me "Say,
> what's that noise coming from the back of the truck?" Appearantly I
> drive with the radio on too loud since I hadn't noticed any noise, but a
> quick inspection verified that there IS a creaky kinda sound coming from
> the right rear of my Dak. Any thoughts on what this might be?
>
> cheers
> -ch
> 98 Dakota Sport CC, 3.9L V6, Intense Blue in Toronto

I have the exact same creaky spring noise coming from the right rear of
my 98 sport RC V8. I thought of squirting a few shots of silicone lube
around the bushings, but haven't got around to it (most of my driving
lately has been with the radio on and the AC blasting...).

jeff
98 rc v8 5spd 3.55sg flares fipk