Re: Re:was Imports:VW love brief

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 13:28:28 EDT

<<Jbii,
I guess I have to agree. My sister's 79 rabbit saved my whole family in a
40 mph head on with a 65 chevy pickup. The rabbit was totalled, but my
family didnt have so much as a bruise. amazing! Last weekend the fastest
cars at the strip were VW powered. (10.8 ET in a bug that looked like my
mom would drive except for the slicks, 8.6 et in a VW powered rail) I was>>

I just sold a hot Type 1 air cooled VW shortblock that I had about $5k into...
They are a blast, very easy to work on, very light, and as long as you don't
go too wild, the parts are reasonable.

I think the motor is together and pumping out 400hp now... 2,332cc turbo..

ttyl
patrick