Re: J.E.T. computer enhancement

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 20:57:52 EDT

>> >You're telling me that with a performance SBEC you can't put a cam in
>> >these things? What about the MP cams offered? Are you telling me
>> >that you can't even hear the cams that you CAN use in them?
>> >
>> >Thanks for the info,
>> >
>> >Tate

>> ><< I'll enjoy a definite and pronounced "lope" - like I said,
>> > down the road sometime.... >>
>> >
>> >It's too bad the computer won't enjoy the lope as much as you. Expect
>> >a check
>> >engine light b/c of all the misfires at idle.
>> >
>> >ttyl
>> >patrick
>> >

>> First, the Mopar cam works with the MP computer. I would think this one
>> would lope nicely. The cam in my Volare 318 is close to the same size and
>> sounds lumpy at idle.
>>
>> Patrick,
>>
>> Do you use the stock computer, or do you an MP computer? All I seem to
>> remember is that you have a big-ass cam in yours (.500 lift, or so). Would
>> it work in a 5.2?
>>
>> Brian
>
>Ok,
>I think I'll jump in here. With my questions on this subject.
>I have a 92 v6 3.9 I am about ready to order my SBEC chip (same as MP
>computer I assume?) I have been looking to get a new Cam for my truck
>for along time with no luck. Do you mean that Mopar makes something
>other than a stock cam for the DAK!! and if so do you know if they make
>one for my year and engine??? please say yes!!
>
>Hope I don't sound like a complete moron with these questions. Just want
>to do the right thing for my Dodge.

Uh, MP makes a SBEC chip for 92 V6? Wasn't aware of this. Unless I'm
missing something here. There is a cam for your truck, though. MP doesn't
make it, Magnum Performance does. It is part number MPI 6009. Contact
them at 1-281-354-7223. They have Roller Rockers, pulleys, and maybe some
other stuff.

Brian