Re: 17" slicks ?

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 21:39:54 EDT

At 08:44 PM 7/22/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Well , as soon as I am able , I would like to get a pair of slicks for the
>R/T .
>
>Should I go with a DOT slick , or an all out race slick ?
>
>Also , does anyone make a slick to fit a 17" wheel ?
>

>W . Jack Hilton III
>
>HEMI@mindspring.com

No real slicks come in 17 in wheels that I know of. BFG makes a Drag
Radial (DOT legal) in a 17 inch wheel. 275/40 R17 ($167.95 each) and
315/35 R17 ($171.95 each). Prices are from Summit catalog. It's a radial
tire that has tread, but you can drop the psi level to hook up at the track
with. I threw around the idea of buying these until the Dak broke. I've
heard it will last 8000 street miles. They come in 15 and 16 inch sizes, too.

Brian